Welcome to the next version of SCADE. While we are super busy working on the next killer features, the February version has some great updates:
- Swift 4.2.1 support. We know support Swift 4.2.1 on both Android and iOS. This includes latest updates to Swift Foundation framework. Please see updated installation instructions.
- Video streaming control allows you to capture video streams and save it as bitmaps or videos.
- DeepLinking support for Android and iOS. 2 lines of code to implement deep linking cross platform
- Two minor fixes to the Swift Dispatch framework for Android and iOS
- Great animation enhancements for even more sophisticated animations
- Fixed bugs in SDK and Crystal engine
Hi, this is next version of SCADE. We faced a few delays in our release schedule due to some awesome endeavors that we decided to support - more about this soon. Our release pipeline is packed with upcoming releases and features: this release and our December release that is currently in QA. So yes, it takes us some time to get into the monthly release cycle, but we soon will be there.
The November release features
- System API extensions to track if Application is in foreground or background
- Swift Server Side development with Docker. Thanks to our integrated Docker support, you can now develop server side applications easily. Develop and run on docker, thus simplifying your development chain.
- Memory usage optimizations. Our internal memory management has improved a lot, leading to a much lower memory footprint and faster execution times.
- XCode 10 support
- Swift Foundation bug fixes on Android
- Auto Completion bugs fixed (duplicate names)
- Change status bar color
Additionally, we fixed about 120 additional bugs in the IDE, the SDK and the compiler.
System API changes
There are some SMALL backward incompatible changes that we wanted to introduce now in order to make our code more elegant and clear. The necessary changes to your existing source code project can be done quickly https://docs.scade.io/v1.0/docs/breaking-changes#section-0-9-9-0
Hi. This is a minor version where we introduced tablet support and added a couple of fixes in our controls and animation api.
Welcome. Version 0.9.8.1 has a lot of awesome new features. We hope you like it:
- We added SPM support. You can now reference SPM projects as dependent project and easily leverage existing code. See our Swift Package Manager Guide
- XCode style autocompletion. We extended our great autocompletion and added XCode style autocompletion. No need to press Control + Space anymore, recommendations will show up automatically as you are used to in XCode
- Autoupdate support. SCADE now can be updated from within the product, no more downloading and reinstalling new versions of SCACE. Click update, wait and continue working. See Autoupdate
- Performance improvements. We added some significant performance improvements, allowing you to handle a large number of data items in our controls
- Extended Cross Platform Logging support to have consistent logging on Android and iOS and the simulators. See Logging Guide
- Awesome Android compiler enhancements for great performance
- Various fixes to our animation api, closure support and graphics engine api
- We fixed an issue that stops apps on certain Android 8.
Welcome to Beta6b, we added a few changes before we release the GA version:
- We streamlined the installation progress, no more CMAKE and GRADLE install !!!
- Couple of changes to ease the linking of 3rd party libraries
- Minor improvements in IDE (Backspace now removes controls)
- Minor Swift Editor bugs (highlighting issues, autocompletion issues)
- Ability to set supported devices
- Ability to set supported device screen orientations
- Swift 4.1 support for Android. In the April version, we supported 4.1 on iOS, and 4.0.3 on Android.
now we have full support for Swift 4.1 on 32bit and 64bit for ARM and x86 on both iOS and Android.
- Support of Android NDK 16/17. Android changed the install formats, and this update allows the use of Android 16 and 17
Welcome to Beta6, our last and final beta before going live. In the last three months, we put a lot of effort into under the hood activities:
- We invested into our build system. Were we previously had multiple systems, we now unified onto one system. A unified build system enables us to roll out great features such as shared library support across Android and iOS, system optimizations and much more. Please read about the great stuff coming out of our build system efforts on Medium here
- Happily I can say that we finished our Swift Foundation 4.0 for Android. You can now use all of the beauty of Swift Foundation on Android, and leverage any library that depends on Swift Foundation, making a great list of libraries available to you. We took great effort into making this a reality. Please check our Medium article on building Swift Foundation support for Android here
- Our IDE got further improvement. We benchmarked the performance and looked at the major bottleneck, thus improving page editor and binding editor performance. We further aligned our Swift Code editor with Apple SourceKit, to give you the best autocompletion possible. And yes, one of our next features that will make it into the editor is Apple style "auto" autocompletion. Currently, you want to use Command + Space to trigger auto completion. Plus, we hope you like our smaller design changes in colors and icons to make it even more beautiful.
- Details matter, so we made many smaller improvements on the small stuff: bug fixes, animation fixes and better support of release and development build for Android and iOS. We closed in excess of 500 Jira tickets.
As always, let us know if you find something missing to create awesome application experiences with Swift.
Your SCADE team.
Welcome to our next beta of SCADE before going live, our Beta 5.
We hopefully listened carefully and brought you the following features:
- Swift 4 and XCode 9 support - Use the power of Swift 4 on Android and iOS
- Swift foundation support for Android and iOS. Leverage Swift foundation to build great apps. We currently cover 80% of all functionaliity
- Animation API. We cleaned up the animation api and provide a powerful animation api that lets you develop great animations without limitations Animation Guide
- Programmatic UI creation - just use code to program your UI Programmatic UI development
- IDE improvements, including significantly improved auto completion support. Its faster and smarter now.
- Android Release compilation mode. Switch between debug and release mode and publish to the Google App Store Android release mode
- Greatly improved touch event management to handle overlapping events nicely
- Faster compilation
- Smaller things: Added latest devices sizes (iPhone 8 and iPhone X), Textbox improvements
- Better validations in SVG editor
- Now TestFlight compatible
Please also see the breaking changes documentation: Upgrading your project
Welcome to our next beta release of SCADE, Beta4
- ** Camera Support, https://scade.readme.io/v1.0/docs/camera-control
- ** Master Page Control https://scade.readme.io/v1.0/docs/page-container
- ** Sidebar Control https://scade.readme.io/v1.0/docs/sidebar-control
- Various fixes
- Various smaller improvements
Welcome to our next beta release of SCADE, Beta3:
- Swift 3.1 support for both iOS and Android. You can know use Swift 3.1 to develop all your apps.
- WebView control support. We added the webView control to display web content in your native Swift iOS or Android app. Please find the documentation here WebView control
- Memory management improvements. Internally, we improved the memory management.
- Usability improvements. We automated some tasks that would otherwise cause the developer extra work. For instance, we autoupgrade the SDK if you use a project that is based on an older SCADE SDK. Therefore, no need to switch the workspace folder anymore when installing a new Beta.
- Various fixes
- Some fixes to our animation API
- Some slider control fixes
- Textbox related fixes in Android
- Some autocompletion fixes (Code navigation and general errors)